Problems with irregular bowel movement – sounds familiar? Many simple constipation home remedies can improve your digestion and help prevent the problem effectively.
Any idea what might help you? Not yet?
We bring you many valuable tips and a wide range of proven natural cures, home remedies, and foods to relieve costiveness.
In any case, it is important to distinguish acute (recent onset) from chronic constipation (long duration).
As you might already know, chronic constipation can be a sign of other serious health problems. Therefore, if you often go to stool only once a week or even less, you should definitely first of all go to a doctor.
After accurate medical tests that will, hopefully, exclude possible diseases, you will know that healthy digestion is entirely up to you. You have to take responsibility for you and your body.
In most cases all you have to do is to change your eating habits and to start exercising regularly. In addition, constipation home remedies will help too, but cannot solve the problem entirely.
The sooner you admit that your lifestyle is unhealthy and change your bad habits, the sooner you will prevent and cure constipation forever.
Make a healthy eating plan, try to eat more times a day. Never skip breakfast. As you already know, you should eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a pauper. Eat slowly and chew each bite properly.
Add fibers to your diet. The best natural sources are fruits, vegetables, and whole grains. Fibers soften the stool and they help keep bowel movement.
Liquid, especially water, is a simple but effective constipation home remedy. It moistens the stool that is stopped in the guts and the elimination becomes easier.
Drinks containing magnesium salt are also recommended for the same purpose.
Massage your stomach clockwise. To pull your legs into your chest and hold them in that position for a couple of minutes also helps.
Physical activity must be an important part of treatment for constipation.
Be active; do not forget to exercise. That will stimulate your digestion; and firmer stomach muscles will improve bowel movement as well. And of course, you will feel much better overall.
And, what is also very essential…do not hold back the stool. If you feel, that you have to go to the bathroom, do it immediately. Try to relax yourself and try not to strain too hard.
• A recipe for a simple yet effective constipation home remedy:
Pour some water over a few dry plums or figs and leave them over night. Eat the plums or the figs in the morning and drink the water. That will bring you relief. However, if you suffer from chronic constipation, you should repeat this
treatment for at least one month.
• Consume cereals, bran, linseed, and sesame.
• Add unprocessed bran into your favorite cereal in the morning. Start by adding just one teaspoon and work your way up to two tablespoons each morning.
• Take 1-2 tablespoons of flax seeds with a lot of water right after lunch or dinner.
• Eat a handful of raw, unsalted sunflower seeds daily; they are known to accelerate regular bowel movements.
• Different types of herbal tea are proven cures for constipation. We recommend tea made from elder, hip, hibiscus, horsetail, and corn hair.
• Olive oil is a simple cure for constipation. Add one teaspoon of olive oil to juice squeezed from one lemon. Drink this mixture on an empty stomach for three weeks. Make a break for a week and repeat it if necessary.
• Eat at least three raw fruits a day.
• Eat raw vegetables and fruits, especially apples and kiwis.
• Certain fruits are great natural remedies for constipation. Eat prunes, apricots, pears, grapes, papayas, and drink orange juice.
• Try to eat three prunes and three apricots in the morning and in the evening.
• An apple is known constipation home remedy. Eat an apple at least two hours after dinner.
• Bael fruit can also help cure constipation. When eaten raw it is a natural laxative that cleans and tones the intestines.
• Eat two small raw beet roots in the morning, and you can expect a bowel movement in 12 hours.
• Eat one baked apple with bread or wheat pap per day until constipation is relieved.
• Raw sauerkraut is also an effective home remedy for constipation since it contains good bacteria that aid digestion and act as a laxative.
• Cabbage also helps relieve costiveness. It provides the roughage, i.e. indigestible material, which is essential for stimulating the intestines for the proper action of the bowels.
A meal of raw cabbage is an excellent constipation home remedy. It acts immediately without any adverse after effects. You can prepare the meal by adding a little salt, black pepper, and lemon juice to finely chopped raw cabbage.
• Eat fresh garlic every day; it is a relief for constipation whether garlic is cooked or raw.
• Okra and raw spinach can act as mild laxatives.
• Efficient constipation home remedy is magnesium rich mineral water, even more if it is warm. So, warm it up and drink 2 - 3 dl in the morning, on an empty stomach.
And last but not least:
Homemade smoothies and all natural juices, prepared from fresh fruits and vegetables, are one of the best and most delicious remedies for constipation. As you know, everybody should consume fibers and sufficient amount of liquid on
a daily basis. Fresh natural drinks provide both and, in addition, they are packed with the healthiest vitamins and minerals you can imagine.
Follow this link and find out which are the best vegetables, fruits, dietary supplements, and herbs for delicious liquid constipation home remedies.